This document is a step by step guide on how to create a promotion page, with a similar layout to this one: https://www.hush.co.uk/promotions/.
Creating a New Promotion Page
Adding A Background Image
The Lead Content Box
The ‘Content Rows’
Submitting The Promotion Page
1. Creating A New Promotion Page
- To create a new page, navigate to Pages, within the left had side navigation bar;
- once on Pages, click Add New, located at the very top of the page, next to the page title. This will take you to a new page titled Add New Page.
- On the right hand side, you’ll see a box titled Page Attributes, under this box Click the drop down list labelled Template and select Promotion Template.
Following the previous steps will display a new box, titled Promotion Template Settings, near the centre of the page. This box consists of the following settings:
- – Background Image
- – Logo Image
- – Sub Content Rows
Our next steps will be to insert the page content, text and image, to the inputs mentioned above.
2. Adding A Background Image
Below the title Background Image, click the input button Add Image and upload or select an image with dimensions 1596px width by 995px height.
3. The Lead Content Box
The Lead Content Box is the topmost box on the front end of the promotion page. It contains a wide image and text. Follow the steps below to insert the content for the Lead Content Box:
- To insert the logo image at the top of the box, below the setting Logo image, click Add Image and upload or select an image with dimensions 542px width by 47px height.
- The text that appears below the logo goes into the text editor. The text editor is located just below the Page Title text box, near the top of the page. This editor allows you to add various types of formatting, as well as hyperlinks, to the text.
4. The Content Rows
To insert the content rows, follow these steps:
- Under the setting Sub Content Row, click the blue button Add Row. This will display the following settings: Image, Title and Description.
- On the right hand side of Image, click Add Image and upload or select an image with the exact dimensions 340px width by 240px height.
- On the right hand side of Title, insert the title for the row.
- On the right of Description, write a description text within the text editor. This editor allows you to add various types of formatting, as well as hyperlinks, to the text.
Once you’ve completed the four steps just described, you can add another row by starting again at step 1. To Remove a given row, on the right hand side of the row, you’ll see a small circle containing a minus sign, click this circle.
5. Submitting The Promotion Page
Once you’ve gone through the steps described in sections 1 to 4 above, you will have inserted the necessary information to create a new promotion page. To finish and publish the new promotion page, click the Update button, near the top right hand side of the page, then wait for the page to reload.